Car Hire near Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station
Manchester Piccadilly car rentalWelcome to Manchester's main railway station. Once at the heart of the industrial revolution, England's dynamic second city is bursting with huge factories and storehouses now converted into fascinating cultural spaces. Make time for the Museum of Science & Industry, Imperial War Museum North & Salford Quays and 120-year-old Whitworth gallery.
Whether you fancy a hot hatch for an urban jaunt, a chic coupé for a romantic getaway or comfortable people carrier for a family trip, the perfect hire car is waiting for you in Manchester.
The car you pick is the car you get ... with Select Series and Avis PrestigeOur curated Select Series collection is available from this car rental location. Choose from a selection of high-powered, hand-picked models.
Alternatively, take a top-of-the-range Avis Prestige car out for a road trip with high style. We stock a limited number of high-calibre Range Rovers, executive Jaguars, classic Porsches, sleek Mercedes, swift BMWs and handsome Audis.
Services and additional extrasOut-of-hours returns
Any vehicles returned outside office hours will be subject to a £5.00 plus VAT out-of-hours fee.
Petrol station information
Turn left out of car park onto Store Street. Turn left onto London Road. Continue for 0.7 miles until roundabout. The Esso petrol station is on the left.
From M602: Sainsbury Petrol station is on Regent Road (A57)
From M56: Asda Petrol Station at Hulme, Princess Road (A5103)
Avis Preferred: Our customer loyalty programme rewards our loyal customers with a series of benefits. We know your time is precious and that’s why we prepare your paperwork in advance. When you come to our branch, you just need to show your driving licence – we won’t ask for your autograph. Sign up online before you travel – the programme is completely free.
Breakdown assistance: A breakdown in one of our vehicles is highly unlikely but our breakdown assistance service means you can tackle any journey worry-free.
Child seats: If you’re travelling with children, make sure you book child seats when you reserve your vehicle.
Satellite navigation: Driving in London can take a bit of getting used to, but with our satellite navigation system it needn’t be stressful. Make sure you’re on the right road from the word go by requesting this service when you make your booking.
Directions to Manchester Piccadilly car hire
... from Piccadilly Railway Station:
- Go down ramp to the end of first road junction
- Turn left and left again, and head down London Road for approx. 150 yards passing the Mint Hotel on your right hand side and moving under the footbridge.
- Take the first left turn on to Store Street. You will see the Avis office 250 yards ahead on your right hand side
... from the M56: Follow the signs for Manchester. At the end of Princess Rd (A5103) take the third exit off the roundabout. Continue on to the next roundabout and take the second exit onto Mancunian Way. Go through five sets of traffic lights on the ring road (A665) and then turn left on to Store Street at the sixth set of lights. Pass under the bridge and the Avis office is located on the left hand side.
... from the M60: At junction 12 follow the signs for M602. Continue straight on to Regent Road (A57), which leads straight onto the Mancunian Way. Then follow the instructions above.
Driving rules in the United KingdomWhich side of the road?
In the United Kingdom, please drive on the left side of the road.
Country driving laws
- Mobile phones may only be used with a headset or hands-free device
- Use the outside lane to overtake on motorways and dual carriageways
- There is a congestion charge payable when driving in London
- Zebra crossings (black and white stripes on the road) give pedestrians right of way to cross the road
All speed signs will be in mph.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 30 mph (48 km/h)
- Rural areas: 60 mph (96 km/h)
- Motorways: 70 mph (112 km/h)
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children aged under 12 or less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.